Friends of St. Paul
To encourage adult lay Catholics in a more radical following of Christ as lived in the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres as they share i the spirit of the Congregation and participate in its mission without being bound to by vows.
To provide an on-going Spiritual Formation for the Friends of St. Paul.
To motivate and inspire the Friends of St. Paul to commit themselves more concretely to the mission of the Church in the Spirit of the Second Plenary council of the Philippines (PCP II), in communion with the SPC Sisters through the Christocentric Paschal Spirituality of the Congregation.
We, the Friends of St. Paul Philippine Province are the Catholic lay collaborators of the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres.
We participate in their mission to proclaim Jesus Christ the Good News to all, with conscious preference for the lost, the last and the least.
Impelled by the Charity of Christ, we share in the Congregation's response to the pastoral needs of the Church as compassionate teachers, healers and pastoral ministers.
Guided by our vision , we endeavor to become a fraternal community deeply rooted in Jesus Christ, authentically living the spirit of the Congregation as men and women of prayer, solitude, communion and service.
Conscious of our prophetic role as servant-leaders, we will walk in the truth as we pursue justice, peace, social transformation, and integrity of creation in the context of the Philippine situation.
As compassionate Christ-centered Friends of St. Paul, we commit ourselves to witnessing to our faith in the milieu where we live and work, and to a life of prayer and fraternal communion.
PERIOD OF INITIATION
1. Fills up the Information Sheet
2. Submits a letter of Application and Request for Initial Formation
3. Attends scheduled interview by the Local Cooridator.
4. Attends faith sharing and Vespers with co-Friends of St. Paul, Holy Hour and Vespers with the Sisters' Community recites the Morning and Evening Prayers at home regularly and faithfully participate in the pastoral work of the Sisters.
5.Submits Letter of Request for Admission upon the advice of the Local Coordinator.
REQUIREMENT FOR ACCEPTANCE
1. A deep and sincere desire to follow Christ more radically as Christian disciple.
2. An explicit determination to develop prayer life that progressively leads to an authentic union with Christ.
3. Integrity of character and meaningful sacramental - life.
4. Attendance and active participation in all undertakings of the Friends of St. Paul.
5. Fidelity and readiness to uphold the teachings of the Catholic Church.
6. Submission of a Letter of Application
7. Request for Admission and Recommendation letter from the local Coordinator.
1. Fills up the Membership Form
2. Pronounce the Simple Promise of the Friends of St. Paul during the Reception Ceremony
3. Subsequent Renewal of Commitment must always precede at least a day or 2 of recollection.
ON - GOING FORMATION
1. Study of the Scriptures (especially the Gospels) and Doctrines of the Church
2. Rediscovery and advanced study of the Epistles of St. Paul, the Creed and the Sacraments
3. Deepening of Personal Prayer and initiation into the Christocentric paschal Spirituality
4. Study of the Charism, spirit, spirituality and mission of the Congregation through its history
5. Study of the role and mission of the laity in the Church